A Pennsylvania man and his wife filed a case against an amusement park known as Kennywood Park. The Pennsylvania couples are claiming that they are contacted with some eye-eating parasite while taking a ride on one of the water rides. That man also claims that he was splashed while riding on Kennywood Park’s Raging Rapids on July 2, that eye-eating parasite was not wholly eradicated after surgery, left some painful symptom. This news has been confirmed and sourced from The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Trostle (the man, who filed a lawsuit against the amusement park) and his wife, Krystsina, claims that when they are waiting for a ride of a water slide, suddenly they come to know about supplied water was dirty and sludge-like. He alleged that when at last splashed near the end of the ride, which imitates a white-water rafting trip. He was suffered from some symptoms, but after some following signs, he was treated with some antibiotics for cure.
Nonetheless, when Trostle symptoms started to seem worst, He examined himself with microsporidia keratitis and the report was shocking. TribLIVE.com reported that “those parasites already eats away at the corner of the eye,”
That lawsuit filed by Trostle also claiming that “excruciating surgery where the parasite was scraped out of the eye with a surgical scalpel, and he was required to remain in a dark room for the next two days,” The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.
According to CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the leading national public health institute of the United States.), parasitic keratitis can be found anywhere in bodies of water and soil, maybe in water tap, ventilating and air conditioning units, as well as whirlpools. And the infection may occur when the naked eye contacts the eyeballs directly, or contact lens result enters the eye through small rakes that can be caused by minor eye injuries.
Trostle claims that he is suffering from many types of eye problems like blurry vision, itchiness, pain, inflammation, and redness, from that infected eye because of doctors were failed to pick out that parasite from the eye entirely. The lawsuit filed under the name of Kennywood Entertainment Inc. and asked for $35,000 compensation in damages for the Squirrel Hill couple. Squirrel Hill couple also mentions that the Kennywood Entertainment Inc failed to maintain the ride and filtration system properly.
A spokesman of Kennywood said to media that they can’t comment anything for the previous allegation or for that claims, but that safety of all rides and water are a “top priority” at Kennywood.